Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Blog Assignment #7 - Evaluation Report (Ch.13)

You may think that Cole’s banishment has been a complete success, or a total failure. Do you see it as being a form of punishment or rehabilitation?  Examine Cole’s behaviour and the events that have taken place on the island since his arrival. Use these events to write an evaluation that you you could submit to Cole’s Circle. Your report should outline the successes and the failures of Cole’s banishment, and conclude with a summary of who is to blame for Cole’s fate. Thoughts to consider...

•           Is Cole’s starting to own up or take more responsibility for his actions?
•           Is the Circle responsible for Cole being put in harms way?
•           Is Garvey to blame for putting too much trust in Cole?
•           Is anybody or anything else responsible for the outcome?
•           Should Cole be sent back to the island to complete his sentence?


12 comments:

  1. I think Cole's banishment has not been a complete success nor a total failure.I think Cole has been owning up to his wrong doings, but also still needs a little more work.I do not think the circle was responsible for Cole being put in harms way, I think that it was Cole's problem that got him in this big mess.I do not think Garvey is to blame for putting to much trust in Cole, I think that Garvey was only trying to make Cole believe/trust in himself.I think the only thing left to blame is COLE.Even though he has been saying it was his parents fault it was also his fault because, if you think about it who is the one that reflected his behavior on what was going on in his mind ....Cole.Who is the one that attacked the Spirit Bear first....Cole!I know that he is all to blame but now that he is taking ownership for his actions he is becoming a better person. I think Cole should get sentenced back to the island but for only one week to show him the change that has happened in himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole’s banishment has been a complete success because he is change from the island. Cole’s starting to own up or take more responsibility for his actions because you can see that Cole said to Edwin "Why are you caring about me but it was my fault. The Circle responsible for Cole being put in harms way no because he is really injured and really can't do anything. He got bet up by bear and the birds. Garvey to blame for putting too much trust in Cole yes because who knows that Cole is going to be kind or bad and first Garvey need to see Cole than being so trust to him. anybody or anything else responsible for the outcome yes the spirit bear who help Cole to change and his parents now he know that his parents was really caring about him. Cole be sent back to the island to complete his sentence maybe because he can be still bad and he could be change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Cole is starting to own up to his actions, and he still needs some help to own up to his actions perfectly. I think the circle was not responsible for his beings because it was Coles problem. I think Gorvy is not responsible for putting to much trust on Cole, he was only trying to make cole better. I think there is one more thing to blame is COLE! I don't think that Cole should be sent back to the island because he lerned that when you hert someone you should of not done it because then you will get in big trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think cole is starting to own up and take responsibility for his actions because when Garvey said "i'm sorry this is all my fault" Cole said 'no this is my fault". No the circle has nothing to do with Cole getting hurt because Cole wouldn't have got hurt if he didn't charge at the bear.No it's not Garvey's fault it's Cole's Garvey didn't even have control weather Cole went to the island or not.No because it's coles fault for burning all his food and supplies.No cole shouldn't be sent back theres no point he's already got kinder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. For example, when the tree fell near him he didn't freak out and run away he was wondering if the birds are okay. No, because they wouldn't think about Cole attacking the bear and the bear attacking back and leaving Cole injured and maybe never using a certain arm again. No, because Garvey just wanted the best from Cole and wanted to help him. No, because it's not anyone or anythings fault that Cole attacked the bear and in return the bear mauled him. Of course not, because Cole has learned responsibility and responsibility means to care for others and things being polite and patient and having good manners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Cole`s banishment was a success. I see it as a form of rehabilitation. Cole is starting to take blame and trust people since the attack. Cole has been looking at everything differently and I don`t think the circle should take any blame for what happened on the island. Garvey is not to blame he trusted Cole and knew he would only get better and just recently got Cole to trust him. No one except Cole is responsible for the outcome of what happened. Cole is responsible for his injuries because I believe the bear was just protecting himself he did not want Cole to kill him. It was Cole`s fault he should take full responsibility. I do not think Cole will be sent back I think after what happened he will not have to go to jail or back to the island.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Cole is owning up to his behavior before he went to the island because of what he said to Garvy in the hospital. "It's all my fault" Garvy said and Cole said"no, it's my fault". The justice circle is not responsible for Cole getting attacked by the Sprit Bear. It is Cole's fault because he tried to kill the Spirit Bear. But he was wrong. Garvy is kind of to blame because he suggested it for Cole because of his actions and behavior. Cole himself is responsible for what the Spirit Bear did to him because he attacked it first. Cole is very injured and I think he won't go back to the island because he is starting to change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Cole's banishment has not been a total success. I see this as a form of punishment. I think Cole is starting to own up for his responsibilities now because in the chapter we read today, I noticed that Cole started to take blame for things and started to notice that other people care about him and his parents do to. I don't think the circle is responsible for Cole's harm because, I think he was the one who got into this big situation. I think Garvy was trying to teach Cole a lesson for everything what Cole did. So no garvy shoulden't take blame. Right now I think Cole is very innecent because he has stoped his negative thoughts and stoped his attitude so I don't think he should be sent back to the island.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Coles banishment was a total success because I t helped him own up to his own wrong doings, and because he said that he will try to get people to believe him for what he says without him having to prove anything. The part that made convinced me that Cole has really changed is when he told Garvey that he is responsible for everything that has happened to him he said I'm responsible for everything not the healing circle, and he is relived from his anger issues and it's all because of the spirit bear. Garvey is not to blame for putting too much trust in Cole because it actually helped him he is now a better person. Cole shouldn't be sent back to the island because he is changed and if he goes back height also die, and no one else is to be blamed for Coles injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Everyone - We went over examples of good responses in class today. If you feel that you need to add to your posts, feel free to post again. You may choose to complete a total revision of your work if you feel that you did not include enough supporting details in your work.

    If you want to model your work after one of the examples we discussed in class, please read Sandy Squirrel's post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Everyone - I'm so proud of all of you for working so hard! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think that cole is sitarting to own up and his responsibilitys and actions i dont think that the circle is being harmed no i dont think that garve is blamed for coles actions i think the parents are cause they would get drunk and hit cole for nor reason

    ReplyDelete